Number of Self-Pub Authors Nearly Doubles
The number of books self-published in the U.S. saw more rapid growth in 2018, jumping 40% over 2017, according to Bowker’s annual survey of the self-publishing market. In its report, “Self-Publishing in the United States, 2013-2018: Print and E-books,” the total number of print and e-books that were self-published in 2018 was 1.68 million, up from 1.19 million in 2017.
Bowker measures the size of the market based on the number ISBN’s registered and thus does not include self-published e-books by Amazon’s Kindle division, which uses an Amazon identifier.
The information above was on Publishers Weekly.
Are you on the self-publishing path? Self-publishing does not have to be complicated. Whether it’s your first book or you are a seasoned publisher, CHG is dedicated to making your journey as easy as possible. At Color House Graphics, you’ll find:
- High quality black & white and full color book manufacturing
- Quick Turnaround
- Book cover design services
- Professional interior design & formatting services
- eBook conversion
- Superior customer service from self-publishing experts
- Custom order fulfillment and book distribution services
If you’d like to learn more or request a quote, contact us today!